Porcelain veneers are the most versatile tools in cosmetic dentistry. They can be used to correct a variety of flaws in your smile, ranging from stains to chips and cracks to even minor misalignments in your teeth.
This treatment is straightforward and can often be completed in a matter of weeks. As a patient, you will gain a plethora of benefits from this intervention. If you want to enhance your smile, you should talk to a dentist to see if porcelain veneers can help.
What To Expect When You Get Porcelain Veneers
The process of getting porcelain veneers begins with an initial consultation. At this appointment, your dentist will examine your smile and discuss your treatment goals with you. The dentist may take photographs, x-rays or dental impressions in order to develop the treatment plan. Depending on the anticipated thickness of the veneers, your teeth may also be prepped by removing a thin layer of enamel to make room for the veneers.
Your porcelain veneers will be designed according to the information gathered at your consultation. When they are ready, which typically takes a few weeks, you will return to the office to have them placed. Before the veneers are bonded to your teeth, you will have an opportunity to request any further adjustments to either the shade or the shape of the veneers, which cannot be altered after they are placed.
Primary Advantages Of Porcelain Veneers
This cosmetic dentistry intervention has a number of benefits for patients, including the following:
- Aesthetics: Porcelain shares many optical characteristics with biological tooth enamel, so light will reflect from both veneers and natural teeth similarly. This gives porcelain veneers a lifelike appearance.
- Versatility: Whether your concern with your smile’s appearance is discoloration, damage to the teeth or problems with the alignment or proportions of your teeth, veneers may be able to help.
- Durability: The porcelain takes on the strength of the underlying tooth after it is bonded in place, so veneers can last for many years with proper maintenance.
- Convenient: Standard good oral hygiene practices will help you maintain your veneers like you do your natural teeth.
- Individualized: Porcelain veneers are designed specifically to match each patient’s unique smile, further enhancing the appearance of these devices.
Do you want to learn more about porcelain veneers? Schedule a consultation at DeSanti & Linden Dentistry to get started on improving your smile.